I would love to share w/ you a workshop I attended this past weekend in Dallas. It was called the Mom Heart Conference with Sally Clarkson of Whole Heart Ministries. So encouraging to my soul! Here are some of the great things I came away with...
- My children need to see in me what I want to see in them! (convicting!!!) We must show them our love for the Lord and our love for His Word. Our children need to see us living by faith!
- My discipline needs to be consistent. To train their will to be obedient I need to work on developing their conscience! I had honestly never thought much about that! So, for ex., If my daughter disobeyed I might tell her to go sit on the stairs and I will be there in a few minutes to speak with her. All the while, her little conscience is telling her right from wrong!
- Enjoy life w/ my family!!! Set out candles on your table for dinner, use your "good" dishes, put out fresh flowers. Make the time to have tea w/ your girls w/ some dishes you bought at a garage sale or the dollar store (just in case one gets dropped!). Wear fancy boas and invite their dolls to join in! With your boys, build a castle out of legos or go outdoors and have a scavenger hunt. Make home a place your family LOVES to be! Fill it with good smells of a nice candle or cookies baking in the oven...let them help! Sally told us if we don't spend quality time w/ our children they won't respond to our discipline.
- Inspire our kids! Read to them, encourage their imagination! Tell them, "maybe you'll become a great _______ ! Get their wheels turning of what they could be!
- Praying... pray specifically, creatively and confidently! Ask your child if you may pray for them. Then pray for them outloud. Pray outloud, taking turns, on your way to school. My girls love to practice their bible verses on the way to school. It really is amazing how much they are able to memorize!
Be encouraged this week! Changing the world....one diaper at a time!!!!