March 22, 2010

Called to be a Keeper

I have an amazing bible study recommendation!  The first time I took this study it was called Keepers of the Home.  I'm taking it for the second time and it's now called Called to be a Keeper.  If your church offers this study TAKE IT!!!!  If not, look into starting one!  The basic idea of this study is to encourage women to see the value of their role according to God's Word as they carry out Titus 2:3-5 and Proverbs 31.  Some of the topics include:  prayer and obedience, our relationship w/ our husband, our role as a mother, hospitality, spiritual growth, household management and cooking.

There is a study that you can order at http://keepersministry.com/   Then there is a book that we read along w/ the study called A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George that you can order HERE.  I LOVED this book.  If you are not able to do the study soon....buy this book!

More than anything, this study changed my heart.  It changed the way I looked at housework.  It changed my priorities.  It gave me a new outlook as a wife and mother.  It made me think less selfishly.  I was to take JOY in the role God had given me.  Here are some key take-aways I took from this study...
  • What I am today is what I am becoming!!!!  What I am at home is what I am!
  • The impact of my ministry to people will be in direct proportion to the time I spend w/ God
  • I create the atmosphere of my home with my attitude
  • Everyday I am called to manage what God has given me, what HE has provided through my husband's efforts and my own.
  • Does my attitude say 'Here I am' or 'There you are'?? ...become other-oriented!
  • Do my children see me run to the Lord first?
  • Everything I do AND don't do teaches
  • Ask of my actions, will this help or hinder my husband?  Begin a habit of asking yourself before you speak, "is what I'm about to say building my husband up or tearing him down?"
These are just a few of the MANY wonderful things my heart has been taught.  I could go on and on.....really.  It really will change your perspective on your "job" as a mother, wife, and daugher of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment